Southern Midlands Council
Wednesday 17 January, 2018
Welcome to the Southern Midlands of Tasmania, where a blend of good old fashioned values and modern ideas co-exist. The Southern Midlands Council is a rural local government authority with approximately 3800 rateable properties and 6000 persons scattered throughout the districts.
Towns and localities include Mangalore, Bagdad, Broadmarsh, Elderslie, Dysart, Kempton, Melton Mowbray, Oatlands, Tunbridge, Tunnack, Parattah, Woodsdale, Levendale, Runnymede, Colebrook, Campania and Rekuna.
- After Hours Emergency Number
- Agendas and Minutes
- Fees & Charges
- Chauncy Vale
- Council Forms & Documentation
- Community & Corporate Projects
- Medical, Community & Aged Care Services
- Impounded Animals
- New Resident Information Pack
- Oatlands Swimming Pool
- Payment Options
- Pension Remission Form
- Positions Vacant
- Publications & Newsletters
- Rates & Charges
- Update Contact Details
- Waste Transfer Station Hours
Other Popular Links
- Boundary Fence Information
- Callington Mill
- Department of Premier & Cabinet Local Government Division
- Discover Tasmania
- Everything Building
- Environmental Protection Authority Tasmania
- Heritage Highway
- Heritage Tasmania - Residential Solutions
- Shadows of the Past
- Centre for Heritage
- Tas Water
- Southern Tasmanian Councils Authority (STCA)
- Rural Alive and Well
- Service Tasmania
- Tasmanian Government Directory
- Dial Before You Dig
- Tasmanian Gas Pipeline
Australia Day Award Recipients and Presentation Ceremony
Posted Tuesday, 16 January 2018, 3.00am
The Southern Midlands Council wishes to congratulate the recipients of Council's Australia Day Awards.
- Citizen of the Year Award - Mrs Karen Dudgeon
- Young Citizen of the Year Award - Miss Rebekah Iles
- Community Event of the Year - Oatlands Golf Club "B Grade Championships"
A Presentation Ceremony and morning tea will be held on Friday, 26th January 2018 at the Oatlands RSL Club, Albert Street, Oatlands at 10.00 am.
All members of the community are welcome to attend.
Anthony E Bisdee OAM
Posted Wednesday, 10 January 2018, 12.05am
Public Notices as advertised in the Mercury on Wednesday 10th January 2018.
Posted Wednesday, 20 December 2017, 12.00pm
20 Master Soba Noodle Chefs from Japan come to Callington Mill, Oatlands for a demonstration of soba noodle making using Tasmanian buckwheat which has been ground at Callington Mill.
Pre-registered ticked holders will enjoy a free tasting of the soba noodles and accompanying tempura prawn and or vegetables.
A range of other activities, food and refreshments will available for purchase in the precinct on the day. Visitors can also enjoy guided tours of Callington Mill, enjoy a range of Japanese cultural and artistic activities including a performance by a visiting Japanese opera singer, explore the heritage vegetable garden, blacksmiths forge and other aspects of the historic Callington Flour Mill precinct. Explore the heritage that is Oatlands with all its Georgian buildings. There will also be a range of family activities for children adjacent to the Mill Precinct.
Posted Wednesday, 13 December 2017, 5.00pm
The Festival of Small Halls is coming to the Broadmarsh Hall, 1218 Elderslie Road Broadmarsh on the 18th January 2018.
For more details select Read More below.
Posted Friday, 10 November 2017, 4.00pm
Oatlands Christmans Pageant now in its 28th year is on again on Friday 15th December 2017 commencing at 6.30pm in High Street Oatlands and afterwards at Callington Mill Park. Free BBQ, Spinning Wheel & Ham Raffle and Santa will be in attendance,
- 24 Jan
- Council Meeting - Colebrook Hall
- 26 Jan
- Australia Day Public Holiday
- 12 Feb
- Royal Hobart Regatta Public Holiday