Southern Midlands Council
Sunday 17 December, 2017
Welcome to the Southern Midlands of Tasmania, where a blend of good old fashioned values and modern ideas co-exist. The Southern Midlands Council is a rural local government authority with approximately 3800 rateable properties and 6000 persons scattered throughout the districts.
Towns and localities include Mangalore, Bagdad, Broadmarsh, Elderslie, Dysart, Kempton, Melton Mowbray, Oatlands, Tunbridge, Tunnack, Parattah, Woodsdale, Levendale, Runnymede, Colebrook, Campania and Rekuna.
- After Hours Emergency Number
- Agendas and Minutes
- Fees & Charges
- Chauncy Vale
- Council Forms & Documentation
- Community & Corporate Projects
- Medical, Community & Aged Care Services
- Impounded Animals
- New Resident Information Pack
- Oatlands Swimming Pool
- Payment Options
- Pension Remission Form
- Positions Vacant
- Publications & Newsletters
- Rates & Charges
- Update Contact Details
- Waste Transfer Station Hours
Other Popular Links
- Boundary Fence Information
- Callington Mill
- Department of Premier & Cabinet Local Government Division
- Discover Tasmania
- Everything Building
- Environmental Protection Authority Tasmania
- Heritage Highway
- Heritage Tasmania - Residential Solutions
- Shadows of the Past
- Centre for Heritage
- Tas Water
- Southern Tasmanian Councils Authority (STCA)
- Rural Alive and Well
- Service Tasmania
- Tasmanian Government Directory
- Dial Before You Dig
- Tasmanian Gas Pipeline
The Mayor, Councillors and Staff of the Southern Midlands Council wish all residents a happy and safe Christmas & New Year.
Posted Wednesday, 13 December 2017, 5.00pm
The Festival of Small Halls is coming to the Broadmarsh Hall, 1218 Elderslie Road Broadmarsh on the 18th January 2018.
For more details select Read More below.
Posted Wednesday, 13 December 2017, 8.00am
The Municipal Offices at Oatlands and Kempton will close for Christmas on Friday the 22nd December 2017 at 2.00pm and re‐open on the Tuesday 2nd January 2018 at 9.00am.
Posted Tuesday, 12 December 2017, 5.30pm
Public Notices as advertised in the Mercury on Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Posted Tuesday, 5 December 2017, 12.30pm
Public Notices as advertised in the Mercury on Wednesday 6th December 2017.
Posted Thursday, 30 November 2017, 4.00pm
On Monday 27 November, 2017, Oatlands teenagers were the first in Tasmania to take part in a new national Telstra program that aims to tackle cyber bullying by empowering bystanders to stand up and take action.
- 25 Dec
- Christmas Day Public Holiday
- 26 Dec
- Boxing Day Public Holiday
- 1 Jan
- New Years Day Public Holiday
- 10 Jan
- Devonport Cup