Structure Plans are designed to actively engage with the community to prepare a clear, concise and specific plan for future development and land use in Towns and Villages in the Southern Midlands.
Oatlands Structure Plans
The Oatlands Structure Plan is a project to actively engage with the community to prepare a clear, concise and specific plan for future development and land use in Oatlands.
A Structure Plan will seek to address current and potential future issues such as parking and traffic management in the town (including a parking plan), way finding, linkages between key areas, improved amenities and facilities and making the most of the town’s assets.
A structure plan would mean that Council has:
- A clear, concise and specific plan for the future development of Oatlands; and
- The community have input into this plan
- Council are ready and “on the front foot” when large scale development such as the Aquatic Centre open for business
- The community have a sense of certainty about the future of Oatlands and can plan for this future together
- Council can plan capital works in accordance with a strategic plan i.e. street scaping, landscaping, footpaths and stormwater
- Council, and the community, have a better chance of accessing grant funding and the like where such funding will contribute to the greater good of the community when in accordance with a modern strategy/plan.
- Council has a strong strategic basis to review zoning and planning controls within the town
- Council can prepare parking and traffic management plans for the town (better visitor experience, safety improvements, greater convenience to locals etc).
It is envisioned that the Oatlands Structure Plan will be detailed and provide succinct and clear recommendations. Allowing for the township to grow and develop in a structured and logical manner that will meet the current and future needs of the town. It is key that the community provide input and ownership of the plan.
Oatlands Structure Plan Version 5 September 2021
Bagdad - Mangalore Structure Plans
Bagdad - Mangalore Structure Plans Final - July 2010