Waste Transfer Station Hours and Household Roadside Collection Service
Oatlands WASTE TRANSFER STATION
Inglewood Road, Anover, Tasmania, 7120
(Via Tunnack Main Road Oatlands to Parattah)
- Tuesday 1.00 pm - 5.00 pm
- Friday 11.00 am - 3.00 pm
- Saturday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm
- Sunday 1.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Campania Waste Transfer Station
Brown Mountain Road, Campania, Tasmania, 7026
- Tuesday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
- Thursday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
- Saturday 8.00am - 12.00pm
- Sunday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Dysart Waste Transfer Station
Huntingdon Tier Road, Dysart, Tasmania, 7030
- Tuesday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
- Saturday 12.00pm - 5.00pm
- Sunday 10.00am - 5.00pm
Please Note: Tyres cannot be deposited at the Dysart Waste Transfer Station
The following fees for the disposal of general refuse will be imposed on 'out of area' users (ie non-residents of the Southern Midlands Council Area). These fees do not apply to residents of the Southern Midlands.
- Car Boot/Station Wagon $5.00
- Utility/Single Axle Trailer (6x4 Level Trailer Load) $10.00
- Double Axle Trailer (Level Trailer Load) $20.00
- Light Truck (Level Tray Load) $30.00
Please Note: The above load sizes are an indication of acceptable loads only. Acceptable loads are at the attendants discression, should the loads be exceeded then additional fees may be payable.
Disposal of all Other Items
The following fees will apply to ALL users, including ratepayers and residents of the Southern Midlands. These fees need to be imposed, because the items cannot be readily managed on-site, and need to be subsequently removed.
- Tyres (Car/Motorbike) $3.00 each
- Tyres (4wd/Light Truck) $5.50 each
- Tyres (Heavy Truck) $11.00 each
- Whitegoods $5.00 each
- Car Bodies $30.00 each
- Large Construction Material $10.00 per cubic metre
Note: Large construction materials include: building and demolition waste, road pavement materials, concrete, bricks, roofing iron and large quantities of plaster and timber. Loads in excess of 3m3 are not accepted at the Dysart and Campania Waste Transfer Stations and will need to be taken to the Oatlands Waste Management Centre.
household Roadside Garbage & Recycling Collection
- Mondays - Broadmarsh/Elderslie (Fortnightly Service)
- Wednesdays - Bagdad, Dysart, Kempton, Mangalore, Melton Mowbray (Weekly Service)
- Thursdays - Campania, Colebrook, Jericho and Oatlands (Weekly Service)
- Thursdays - Woodsdale/Levendale (Fortnightly Service)
- Thursdays - Tunbridge (Fortnightly Service) is on alternate Thursday to Woodsdale/Levendale
Wheelie Bin and Recycle Bin Replacement
- Wheelie Bin 140 litre $55.00
- Wheelie Bin 240 litre $66.00 (Only available to properties on a fortnightly service)
- Recycle bin $18.00
- Residents are asked to have all bins placed roadside by 5.00 am on the day of collection.
- The recycling bin should only contain tins, aluminium cans, recyclable plastic bottles and glass.
- Refuse is the responsibility of the owner until the contractor collects it. Loose rubbish should be cleaned up by the owner.