Mayor Alex Green
248 White Kangaroo Road, Campania 7026
Phone 03 6260 4153
Fax 03 6260 4036
Mobile 0429 604 153
Alex Green has served the Southern Midlands community as a councillor since 2005. In 2015, Alex was elected as Deputy Mayor and elected Mayor in 2018. Alex has extensive experience working in the finance and banking sector. He also has worked in the tourism and hospitality industries. In his spare time today he works a family sheep and cropping property at Campania.
Since 2005, Alex has represented local government and the Southern Midlands Council on sub-regional planning projects, regional tourism steering groups and economic development strategies.
Alex also volunteers for a number of non-profit organisations.
Current Committee Positions
- Australia Day Awards Committee (Chair)
- Campania Halls Management Committee (Chair)
- Colebrook Hall Management Committee (Chair)
- Campania Recreation Ground Management Committee (Chair)
- Regional Community Learning & Development Centre - Levendale Inc (Chair)
- SMC Enterprise Bargaining / Award Consultative Committee (Chair)
- Woodsdale Hall Management Committee (Proxy)
- Parattah Progress Association (Proxy)
- Southern Tasmanian Councils Authority (STCA)
- Local Government Association of Tasmania (LGAT)
- Heritage Highway Tourism Region Association, an incorporated association marketing three local government areas.
- TasWater Corporation - Owners Representatives Committee (Proxy)