Mayor Alex Green
248 White Kangaroo Road, Campania, Tasmania, 7026
Phone 03 6260 4153
Fax 03 6260 4036
Mobile 0429 604 153
Alex Green has served the Southern Midlands community as a councillor since 2005. In 2015, Alex was elected as Deputy Mayor. Alex has extensive experience working in the finance and banking sector. He also has worked in the tourism and hospitality industries. In his spare time today he works a family sheep and cropping property at Campania. He currently chairs the following local government entities:
- Southern Waste Management Authority, a joint authority of the 12 southern Tasmanian Councils.
- Heritage Highway Tourism Region Association, an incorporated association marketing three local government areas.
- Chauncy Vale Wildlife Sanctuary Management Committee, overseeing one of Tasmania’s oldest formal reserves.
- Centre for Heritage at Oatlands Steering Committee
Since 2005, Alex has represented local government and the Southern Midlands Council on sub-regional planning projects, regional tourism steering groups and economic development strategies.
Alex also volunteers for a number of non-profit organisations.
Current Committee Positions
- Audit & Risk Committee
- Australia Day Awards (proxy)
- Campania Halls Management Committee (proxy)
- Campania Recreation Ground Management Committee (proxy)
- Chauncy Vale Management Committee
- Colebrook Hall Committee (proxy)
- Enterprise Bargaining / Award Consultative Committee (proxy)
- Levendale Community Centre
- Medals Implementation Committee
- Oatlands Recreation Ground Management Committee (proxy)
- Southern Midlands Facilities & Recreation Committee (proxy)
- Southern Tasmania Councils Association (proxy)
- Southern Waste Strategy Authority
- TasWater Corporation - Owners Representatives Committee (proxy)
- TFS Coal River Area Fire Management Committee (proxy)
- TFS Dulverton Area Fire Management Committee (proxy)
- Woodsdale Hall Management Committee