Change of Owner, Builder, Designer or Agent

Should you buy a property that has building work yet to be completed, you need to do the following:

  1. The owner of a building or land where building work is undertaken, the agent of such an owner, the designer of that building work or the builder undertaking that building work must notify the building surveyor of a change of name or address within the specified period after the change if the change occurs –
  2. after a building permit is granted; and
  3. before the building work is completed.


Fine not exceeding 20 penalty units.

  1. The building surveyor must notify the permit authority within the specified period of any change provided under subregulation (1).
  2. A notification under subregulation (2) is to be in writing.
  • Home
  • Email us
  • Print
  • Comment