Demolition or removal of a building is considered building work and requires a permit. This work is not exempt from needing a permit under the Building Regulations. The Building Regulations numbers 27, 27A and 28 require that demolition is carried out in a particular way and, as a permit is required, consultation with a Building Surveyor or the Building and Plumbing section of Council will be necessary.
The following documents are required to be submitted to Council:
- Certificate of Title, Schedule and Plan (1);
- Site plans (3);
- Architectural Plans (3);
- Outline Plan and procedure of demolition works (3);
- Details of proposed work for the protection of persons or property (3);
- Certificate of Likely Compliance (3);
- All documents referred to on the Certificate of Likely Compliance (3);
- A certificate for certifiable work (building) if required under the Water and Sewerage Industry Act 2008;
- and Owner Builder Declaration and Statement if the builder is an owner builder (3).