Accreditation of Practitioners
Under the Building Act 2000 any practitioner that wishes to undertake building work and the value of such work exceeds $5000.00 including labour and material, are required to be accredited by the Director of Building Control.
Accreditation is for the following practitioners:
- Designers (architects, building designers
- Engineers, civil designers and building services designers)
- Building surveyors who are responsible for assessment and inspection of buildings
- Builders who carry out, or manage the building work.
Accreditation under the Building Act 2000 is not occupational licensing and does not provide for the accreditation of:
- or Others working for building practitioners.
It is the person who has the contract with the owner who needs to be accredited.
For further information please follow the link to Licencing and Accreditation - Department of Justice